- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US April 29, 2019Continue Reading
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory evidence of immunity ...
- Spring Training April 2, 2019Continue Reading
Spring Training: Ramping Up after a Long, Sedentary Winter
Whether you went into hibernation as the result of a record cold winter season, or took time off from your usual exercise routine because of a ...
- Medical Marijuana Myths April 2, 2019Medical Marijuana MythsContinue Reading
- Adult ADD April 2, 2019Continue Reading
Attention Please: ADD/ADHD is Not Just a Childhood Condition
In the 21stcentury, it’s standard procedure to test unfocused, impulsive and restless children who struggle to achieve in school for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention ...
- American Heart Month: Healthy Recipe February 7, 2019
February is American Heart Month.
Enjoy this delicious recipe that will nourish your heart and soul.
- The Age of Anxiety January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Higher Anxiety? Our ‘age of anxiety’ began four centuries ago
It can come on suddenly and intensely, causing shaking, confusion and difficulty breathing for no apparent reason…trigger an irrational avoidance of elevators or public transportation…or ...
- Going with the Grain January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Going with the Grain
They may be the culinary trendsetters of the 21st century, but the ancient wonders of the grain world have remain unchanged for the last several hundred years. From chia to kamut, ...
- Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Handle with Care: Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions
We’ve all seen it played out hundreds of times, as a drug, food or habit is trumpeted as the way to lower the risk ...
- Should You Choose a Female Doctor? December 5, 2018Continue Reading
The New York Times published an intriguing article titled “Should You Choose a Female Doctor?” citing studies and interviews showing that female doctors tend to listen more, and their patients fare better as a result. While I’m delighted to see this ...
- Decoding Different Diets September 25, 2018Continue Reading
What Kind of Eater are You?
In the quest for a healthier lifestyle, even inveterate beef eaters may be considering a more vegetable-centric diet. If you’re on a journey to vegetarianism or simply curious about ...
- The Age of Anxiety January 11, 2019