- Adult ADD April 2, 2019Continue Reading
Attention Please: ADD/ADHD is Not Just a Childhood Condition
In the 21stcentury, it’s standard procedure to test unfocused, impulsive and restless children who struggle to achieve in school for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention ...
- American Heart Month: Healthy Recipe February 7, 2019
February is American Heart Month.
Enjoy this delicious recipe that will nourish your heart and soul.
- The Age of Anxiety January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Higher Anxiety? Our ‘age of anxiety’ began four centuries ago
It can come on suddenly and intensely, causing shaking, confusion and difficulty breathing for no apparent reason…trigger an irrational avoidance of elevators or public transportation…or ...
- Going with the Grain January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Going with the Grain
They may be the culinary trendsetters of the 21st century, but the ancient wonders of the grain world have remain unchanged for the last several hundred years. From chia to kamut, ...
- Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Handle with Care: Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions
We’ve all seen it played out hundreds of times, as a drug, food or habit is trumpeted as the way to lower the risk ...
- Should You Choose a Female Doctor? December 5, 2018Continue Reading
The New York Times published an intriguing article titled “Should You Choose a Female Doctor?” citing studies and interviews showing that female doctors tend to listen more, and their patients fare better as a result. While I’m delighted to see this ...
- Decoding Different Diets September 25, 2018Continue Reading
What Kind of Eater are You?
In the quest for a healthier lifestyle, even inveterate beef eaters may be considering a more vegetable-centric diet. If you’re on a journey to vegetarianism or simply curious about ...
- Pain Management: The New Approach September 25, 2018Continue Reading
Fewer Pills, Lower Doses, More Vigilance: The New Approach to Pain Management
It’s hard to imagine a medical crisis more widely discussed, dissected and debated in the last two years than opioid abuse. As a ...
- A Flu-Free Winter: Your Best Shot September 25, 2018Continue Reading
Take Your Best Shot for a Flu-Free Winter
Last year’s flu season was severe in most parts of the country and left many wondering why the flu vaccine hadn’t performed more effectively. However, it remains ...
- Please join us for a Discussion on Nutrition with Alene Baronian, a Registered Dietitian September 6, 2018Continue Reading
Please join us for an interesting and informative discussion:
Uncovering the Facts of these Trending Diets: Paleo, Whole 30, Intermittent Fasting and Keto
What You will Learn:
– what each diet entails
– understand the benefits and challenges of each one
Alene Baronian MS, RDN, CSSD – Owner of Eat 2 Perform Inc. and a registered dietitian for ...
- The Age of Anxiety January 11, 2019